Toothy is one of the canon characters of Happy Tree Friends.
Toothy is a purple beaver with very wide-gapped teeth and freckles. He is generally a very friendly character, although at times he can be a bit rude. He usually acts before he thinks. He is great friends with Cuddles.
- He rarely gets tooth injuries as most of his injuries involve his eyes. He does suffer some tooth injuries like chipping his tooth in Snow Place To Go.
- Although Toothy doesn't have much of a concrete personality, Toothy's personality can be best described as "Cuddles' personality, but with different interests". He is also shown to be less mischievous than him.
- There is a recurring goof with Toothy's teeth. In the early episodes his teeth would switch to the standard character's goofy buckteeth as opposed to his huge, gapped buckteeth. This goof stopped appearing after the start of the TV series though it happens several times in Take a Hike.
- His appearance may have one mistake him for a Generic Tree Friend.
- Ever since Eye Candy, Toothy has started suffering more eye-related injuries, as seen in A Sight for Sore Eyes, Chew Said a Mouthful (Not shown), Idol Curiosity, The Carpal Tunnel of Love, and Camp Pokeneyeout. Furthermore, in Remains to be Seen, one of his eyes is missing when he comes back as a zombie.
- The First Blood DVD "Collect them All" section reveals he flosses his teeth excessively.
- Toothy loves watching monster movies such as Godzilla, as seen in Wingin' It.
- The Fall Out Boy music video, The Carpal Tunnel of Love,has revealed that Toothy has an allergic reaction to bee stings but in Aw, Shucks, he doesn't have an allergic reaction for some reason.
- He is the only character to appear in a Love Bites episode and not date anyone.
- He has a pet turtle with a shell painted with hot rod flames, as is seen in Junk in the Trunk. His turtle is also seen in Letter Late Than Never but without the flames on its shell.
- There have been two times when Kenn Navarro took Warren Graff's role, the first being in Keepin' it Reel, where he played Toothy, and the second being in a A Hole Lotta Love, where he played Handy.
- He seems to be the character that gets cut or sliced the most.