Petunia is one of the canon characters of Happy Tree Friends.
Petunia is a blue skunk in the Happy Tree Friends series. Petunia is best friends with Giggles, and the two often play together in the series. For most of the internet series, she and Giggles had almost identical personalities. When the TV series came out, however, the creators gave her obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and she starts to panic and hyperventilate (complete with paper bag to breathe in) if things are untidy or messy.More specifically, she is a "neat freak" Her love interests are Handy and Mime.
- She is one of the few characters that suffers from a certain disease or disorder.
- She is the only character that has ever commited suicide as seen in Wishy Washy.
- Despite being a skunk, her "fart" has ironically never been used. Admittedly, she does spray Disco Bear with something in Blind Date though it is most likely pepper spray/mace.
- She "used" another's (Splendid) fart in Breaking Wind, causing a huge explosion.
- People often mistake her for a "squirrel" because of her tail size.
- Petunia's tail has shrunk significantly during the newer episodes.
- She is always wearing an air freshener around her neck, takes five showers a day, and she is always trying to keep herself and her surroundings as clean as possible. These facts may hint that she suffers from Mysophobia, or a fear of germs/contamination.
- Giggles and Petunia are waitresses at the Happy Tree Cafe. Giggles is seen working there in Concrete Solution and Petunia is seen working there in A Change of Heart.
- She probably has Osmophobia or Olfactophobia because it is a fear of bad odors (smelly stuff).
- She has a whole ton of cleaning products and even sanitary gear.
- She is the first character to die a bloodless death as she was shocked to death.
- Giggles and Petunia both dislike Disco Bear.